True Executive Health Defined
ImagineMD’s Executive Health and Preventive Medicine program combines world-class health and wellness services to bring you the most comprehensive and efficient Executive Health program available. It provides executives not only with a comprehensive annual medical examination, but also with an ongoing relationship with an academically-trained top-tier primary care physician. Our physicians always explain the reasoning behind the tests they recommend, reasoning that’s based on evidence from the medical literature rather than on a marketing strategy. Further, our physicians don’t just counsel executives once about quitting smoking, beginning an exercise program, losing weight, and the like. They provide ongoing coaching that leverages each executive’s individual psychology, taking into account not only that executive’s personal values, but also their schedule.
In contrast to ImagineMD’s Executive Health and Preventive Medicine program, traditional Executive Health programs designed for business executives take advantage of the widespread belief that more medicine is better medicine. That is, if a test is available to detect disease, it should be done. For this reason, such programs typically offer a full day of testing designed to detect hidden disease at an early (and therefore theoretically curable) stage and assess the risk for future disease. While this sounds like a prudent idea—and an attractive one from a marketing perspective—in fact the number of tests that actually make sense to perform are far fewer than the number that are offered in traditional Executive Health programs. At ImagineMD, we use a well-researched set of strict criteria that must be satisfied first before any testing is performed. This guards against potentially dangerous false positive results that often lead to unnecessary further testing and excessive risk for patients.
The cost for this program is $1788 per executive per year (billed in monthly increments of $149/executive/month) with continued access to your private physician 24 hours a day 7 days a week for one year.
Here’s what you get:
- An initial 2-hour comprehensive medical history review, physical exam, and preventative health assessment are performed by your personal executive health physician.
- Full range of preventive screening tests (where indicated) for early detection of cancer, heart disease, and other serious health conditions.
- Acute and chronic illness management including cardiovascular counseling.
- Review and update of medications and immunizations, including those needed for international travel.
- Lifestyle assessment covering nutrition, stress management, alcohol and tobacco use, personal safety, and other indicators of disease risk.
- True preventive care that includes lifestyle modification and 1:1 coaching.
- Coordination with specialists when specialty care is required.
- Unlimited return appointments that are an hour long and are scheduled on the same day or the next day after the executive calls.
- 24/7 access directly with the executive’s own primary care physician via phone and in person visits (whatever is most convenient and medically necessary).
- Joint injections
- Flu shots
During the first appointment in which a full physical is completed here are the labs test which are included at no extra cost in our Executive Health and Preventative Medicine program:
- Complete Blood Count
- Complete Metabolic Profile
- Hemoglobin A1C
- Vitamin D (if indicated)
- TSH (if indicated)
In addition to these tests, we offer deeply discounted lab rates, MRIs, and medications if a test is required as determined by medical history. Using our direct pay rates for these types of services is often more cost effective than running these services through your health plan’s carrier network.
If a test or procedure is indicated that isn’t offered by ImagineMD, we’ll refer to any hospital system with top quality providers (typically the academic centers) that are a part of your client’s health plan physician network and that we know to be top quality physicians in their field.