Frequently Asked Questions from Employers about Concierge Medical Plans
How will our company benefit from signing up our employees with an ImagineMD physician?
Whether insuring through a third-party health insurance company (by paying a flat insurance premium) or self-insuring (by paying employee medical charges directly and insuring for catastrophic expenses with stop-loss insurance), all employers want: 1) easy and quick access to healthcare for their employees to reduce employee dissatisfaction, 2) quality healthcare for their employees to reduce absenteeism and improve productivity, and 3) lower cost healthcare to reduce employer expense. The direct primary care, or concierge medicine, model is uniquely suited to provide all three benefits (read about the evidence for this here).
Are the fees tax deductible?
Yes. If you pay the fees for your employees, they’re a business expense, like any other.
Are there creative ways for us to finance ImagineMD’s physician fees?
- You could introduce our physicians to your employees to allow them to sign up on their own individually, paying for our physicians’ services out of their taxable income.
- If you offer an HSA or HRA, you could redirect $135/month from those buckets to pay our physicians’ fees.
- You could choose to deduct the entire cost of our physicians’ fees from your employees’ paychecks (pre-tax dollars for them).
- You could choose to cost share our physicians’ fees with your employees by deducting their portion from their paychecks (still pre-tax dollars for them).
- You could choose to pay our physicians’ fees in their entirety ($135/month/employee) for your employees. If you happen to be switching from a low-deductible plan to a high-deductible plan to reduce premiums, you could fund the payment from premium savings.
How can ImagineMD physicians help us decrease absenteeism and increase productivity?
Identifying and treating problems early keeps employees healthy and functioning optimally. Further, the direct primary care, or concierge medicine, model has been shown to significantly reduce unnecessary healthcare utilization, which decreases absenteeism. Direct primary care, or concierge medicine, also reduces delays in getting access to care, which decreases the likelihood of minor problems becoming major ones that more significantly compromise employee health and productivity.
How can we position an ImagineMD physician as a benefit to our employees?
Direct primary care, or concierge medicine, practices across the country have a 95% patient retention rate because patients get unprecedented access to their primary care physicians and, as a result, superior care. By partnering with an ImagineMD physician, you’re able to offer your employees primary care the way it could be and should be.
How do we sign up our employees?
To sign up your employees, please call us at (312) 374-5860 and we will put you in contact with an ImagineMD physician.
Can employee dependents sign up?
That’s entirely at your discretion. Please note, however, that at this time only patients who are 18 years or older are eligible.
What is the Undefeated Minds curriculum?
The Undefeated Minds curriculum is a ground-breaking series of evidenced-based workshops available as a stand-alone package for employers to purchase for their employees. The content is drawn from the research our founder and CEO, Dr. Lickerman, did for his book The Undefeated Mind: On the Science of Constructing an Indestructible Self. The program has been studied at the University of Chicago and was found to increase the resilience of participants long-term on average by 11% (a dramatic increase in the world of psychological studies) and the grit of participants long-term on average by 9% (again, a dramatic increase in the world of psychological studies). It’s also been shown to reduce depression long-term on average by 40% and anxiety long-term on average by 52% (representing an almost identical effect to that achieved with medication). Please contact us to discuss your particular needs.